Cologne? We answer these and other questions that might help make your next purchase easier.
Why do some men wear Cologne, and others prefer to wear After Shave?
After Shave Lotion will usually sting as well as help close the pores after shaving. After Shave Balm is actually soothing to the skin. After Shave Gel also soothes the skin, but cools the skin as well and relieves razor burn.
What is the difference between a splash and a spray?
There is absolutely no difference in the fragrance. The difference is in the method of application only. However, a spray bottle, being sealed all the time, may actually have a longer shelf life. Making the decision between spray and splash is entirely a matter of personal preference.
What do fragrance notes refer to?
Fragrances are comprised of many different scents, these scents are called "notes."
Top notes are very light and last just a few minutes (5-10 minutes). Middle notes become apparent in about 15 minutes after application. These can last up to an hour or more. Bottom notes are the heavier ingredients. These last the longest, usually for several hours.
What is the difference between Pure Perfume, Eau de Parfum, Eau de Toilette, and Eau de Cologne?
The differences are simply a matter of the amount or concentration of oils in the fragrance. The highest concentration is in pure perfume (or parfum). Next would be Eau de Parfum, then Eau de Toilette, and finally Eau de Cologne. Some manufacturers make a solid perfume, solid perfume is as strong as a pure perfume however it is in a gel-like consistency.
Eau De Toilette and Eau De Cologne are generally interchangeable, especially in Men's fragrances. After Shave has the least amount of oils. The higher the concentration the longer your fragrance will last, and the less you need to apply.
How can I keep my fragrance from going bad?
Keep all fragrances in a cool, dry area, and away from windows as sunlight can unbalance the various ingredients. An opened bottle should be kept in its box to insure a longer shelf life.
What's That Smell?
- Ouidad Climate Control Defrizzing Shampoo - Whether it’s humid or unbearably dry outside, this Defrizzing Shampoo works to provide long lasting protection against flyways and frizzies for hours. Made with an exclusive humidity shield complex, use this gentle and sulfate-free cleanser for clean and controlled locks.
- Bed Head - Control Freak Conditioner Frizz Control And Straightener - Combatting tangles and unwanted frizz, use this Bed Head Control Freak Conditioner Frizz Control to help achieve only the most sleek and straight locks.
- Aquage Silkening Shampoo For Coarse And Curly Hair - Enriched with sea botanicals, this color-protecting Silkening Shampoo For Coarse and Curly Hair shields hair from heat styling damage and keeps hair completely humidity resistant.
- DEVA Curl Frizz Free Volume Foam - Enhance your natural curls (without the frizz of course) by using this alcohol-free and Volumizing Foam.
- Black 15 In 1 Twice A Week Miracle Hair Conditioner - Tame unruly strands with this Miracle Hair Conditioner product, which repairs damage and replenishes lost moisture back to the hair.
- Macadamia Oil Deep Repair Mask - Fusing together nourishing macadamia and argan oils, this rejuvenating Repair Mask nips flyaways in the bud and keeps hair healthy and ultra beautiful.